Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Promt #1 - Andrew Katz




Hello, I'm Andrew Katz and I was born in Cincinnati, OH in a suburb called Sycamore Township. I went to Sycamore High School and thoroughly enjoyed my four years there. During high school I played varsity tennis for four years, definitely one of my favorite memories. Nowadays, I still play tennis for Ohio State's Club team, but I'm not nearly as competitive about it, it's more of a social activity and something to keep me from sitting on the couch all day. My absolutely favorite thing in the world is skiing. I literally cannot get enough of it. My choice of mountain is Vail in Colorado and if I could live anywhere in the world after college, it would be there. Cincinnati isn't exactly the capital of ski world, it's actually the complete opposite. But my dad loved to ski so he found a way to teach me on the pathetic "hill" in Indiana called "Perfect North." I love to travel, particularly out of the country if given the opportunity. Sophomore year I went on a trip with a European History class to Paris, Florence, Rome, and London and it is an experience I will always remember. I hope to study abroad in Florence through Ohio State in the summer. As far as I know, I have always wanted to be a buckeye. My mom, dad, grandparents, and four aunts and uncles all attended OSU, so you could say it runs in the family. I grew up coming to football games in the horseshoe, and have always told my parents "I'm going to school here one day." My ultimate goal at OSU is to major in Real Estate with a minor in Entrepreneurship, and to obtain my business degree from Fisher. My favorite food is Chipotle, no question. I could honestly eat Chipotle every day of the week if it was socially acceptable.
I listen to all types of different music, my favorites range from Kid Cudi to Coldplay so anywhere from rock to rap. But please, no country. I cannot do country. I currently live in Baker East, which is on south campus right beside the Union. I love my dorm and the people I have met here. By next year I hope to be a member of the AEPi fraternity. Overall I have fallen in love with the Ohio State and couldn't imagine myself attending any other school. OSU is a perfect fit and a new place to call home.

4 comments:

  1. It's awesome to hear that all your family members attended OSU!!! I can imagine how excited you are cause all my three younger brothers and I attended the same elementary school and that makes us feel more like a FAMILY! And Chipotle is also one of my favorite restaurants.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's awesome to hear that all your family members attended OSU!!! I can imagine how excited you are cause all my three younger brothers and I attended the same elementary school and that makes us feel more like a FAMILY! And Chipotle is also one of my favorite restaurants.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I also traveled to Europe my sophomore year and it was an experience I'll never forget. It's great to see someone who wanted to go to OSU their whole life, just like me. I know you're loving it here because its unbelievable here. Also, I can totally agree on Chipotle being amazing. I have eaten it four times in a week before and it never got old.

    ReplyDelete