Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Prompt #1- Connor Cross



My name is Connor Cross and I'm from Cincinnati, Ohio. I come from a family of 5 and I have 2 younger brothers, which is fine with me because I enjoy being a good role model for them. I love the city I'm from, and growing up I was a die-hard UC Bearcats fan and went to almost every home football game because my dad had season tickets. I also like the Cincinnati Bengals, but I rarely express it to people because every time I tell someone from out of state they just laugh at me and tell me that they're sorry for me. Before coming to Ohio State I graduated from Lakota West High School (www.westfirebirds.com) where I played football and was team captain.
As much as I loved football, I decided to not play in college and focus on my academics instead. In college I'm studying finance and one day my dream is to work on Wall Street (http://www.cnbc.com). Unlike some people who study finance just for the money you can make, I truly enjoy it and I've been investing and trading stocks since I was 16 years old with real money. I've actually paid for my first 2 quarters of college with just the profit I've made trading over the past 2 years, and still am while I'm in college. Another hobby of mine is working out, and it really doesn't matter what mood I'm in before I go to the gym because after I work out I always feel good. A random fun-fact about me is that people always think I'm an intimidating person and are sometimes scared to talk to me, but I promise I'm not and I like to think of myself as a very easy going guy. So get to know me!!

2 comments:

  1. I too am also from Cincinnati and went to Turpin High School. Another thing we have in common is that we both are studying Finance here at OSU. It will be fun getting to know each other throughout this class this quarter.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Working on Wall Street would be so cool! My dad is a stock broker and and is constantly talking to me about stocks and investing my money. It's really impressive that you made so much money through investing already.

    ReplyDelete