Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Prompt #1Roberto Valle


Oh hi there! My name is Roberto Jose Valle Rivera but you can just call me Roberto or Puerto if you feel comfortable. I'm a 18 freshman here at OSU studying Hospitality Management with a minor in Economics. I am as you can tell by the amount of names given to me that I am hispanic. More specifically I come from the growing county of Trujillo Alto in Puerto Rico the island/country/territory/commonwealth who knows. I graduated Cupeyville School,a small English-based private school in a small class of about 82 students.
I am very passionate about anything Puerto Rico, especially all of the cultural and natural beauties the Island has to offer. I am proud to embody certain stereotypes about Puertorricans but I am also down to disprove any that I feel untrue. That sounded extremely uptight of me to write given that I am very much into comedy and I do not take myself too seriously.
I enjoy water sports such as surfing and skim boarding in the beautiful Seven seas beach back home. I was captain of my varsity soccer squad and enjoy pro european soccer such as La Liga EspaƱola.
I am very happy to be here at OSU and love everything about it(except for the classrooms at Denney).

3 comments:

  1. Your hometown looks beautiful. It must have been amazing growing up somewhere so pretty. It's cool that you live so close to a beach. I don't think I'd be able to get anything done where you live because of all the other cool things you could be doing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's very intriguing that you grew up in Puerto Rico, and must have been a very different experience than what most of us have had growing up in the U.S. I'd really like to visit Puerto Rico someday and learn more about the culture there.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Puerto Rico has always been a place on my bucket list because I have heard great things about the culture and scenery there. I'll have to look for you when I make it there. Coming from a place like Ohio I am obviously jealous of where you live.

    ReplyDelete