Monday, January 9, 2012

Prompt #1: Davis Haug

My name is Davis Haug, and I am from Castle Rock, Colorado. Castle Rock is a suburb about 15 minutes south of Denver. It’s only about 45 minutes from the mountains and about an hour from the top ski resorts in the country, such as Vail, Aspen, and Steamboat Springs. Being from Colorado, I grew up skiing about every weekend up to the age of 12, until hockey took over.

I have played hockey since the day I could walk, and it has basically been my life since seventh grade. Back in high school, I was on three National Championship teams while playing for the Colorado Thunderbirds AAA Hockey Club. Last year I played Junior hockey in Boston and Alaska. I started out the season in Boston in mid-August until being traded to the Alaska Avalancheof the North American Hockey League inOctober. Living in Alaska last year was such a great experience that many people don’t get to do. I am so glad I had that opportunity.


I graduated from Arapahoe High School in Centennial, Colorado. My graduating class was about 560. Being a hockey player in high school had its pros and cons. I wasn’t able to really do much school functions, including missing Homecoming twice, because I was out of town on a hockey trip. I would travel about every other week during the year on hockey trips. However, that did mean you got to miss a lot of school, but the make-up work was not fun. Nevertheless, I would not change a thing if I could do it over.

My family is also a very bigpart of mylife. My sister played college soccer the past four years at the University of Southern California (USC). She was a two-time Honorable Mention All-Pac 10 and was a member of the All-Pac 10her senior year. Her freshman year in college, her team won the NCAA Women’s Soccer National Championship, and she was the only player on the whole team to play every game, and she was a freshman. She also won the USC Marks Scholar-Athlete Award,which was given for high athletic and academic performance. Lastly, she was nominated for the NCAA Top VIII Award, which previous winners include Tim Tebow (who I’m a big an of) , Tiki Barber, Peyton Manning, Drew Brees, Eli Manning, Craig Krenzel, Greg McElroy, and many other notable people. She now works for ESPN. I am very proud of her.

Also, my dad played on the PGA Tour back in the day until he had to give it up to take care of the people he loved, his family. I definitely like to go golfing with him and whenever we go, we always make some bets to see who will win. My dad is currently a CPA.

I am now a freshman at The Ohio State University, planning on majoring in Accounting and Business Economics and earning a degree from the Max M. Fisher College of Business. After graduating I plan on attending law school at a well-renowned school and eventually going into the sports agency business, which is my dream job. My idol is Drew Rosenhaus.

2 comments:

  1. Well first off let me say its quite funny we got paired in the same group for this assignment since we met in colorado a couple weeks ago. We seem to have a lot in common. Sounds like you were a heck of a lot better hockey player than me. Pretty cool you get to live in denver. I love it there. I think i may even have got Tebow fever after visiting. However im pretty sure they are gonna lose to Brady and the Pats this weekend. Also seems like you have pretty athletic family. PGA tour player, D1 soccer player, and juniors hockey player. Impressive to say the least

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also think we have a lot in common, and I think it's pretty awesome you got to live in Alaska. That had to be such a cool experience. Also, your track record in hockey is pretty impressive. Your dedication to it (missing Homecomings and such) is pretty refreshing, too. You don't see a lot of kids with that kind of love for a sport. Your family is pretty impressive, too. I love golf and having a dad that was on the PGA Tour would be sweet. I have to be honest, I have some Tebow fever, and I root for them every week now. I hope they take down the Pats this weekend. I hope you do big things in the sports agency business because that would be a really cool career.

    ReplyDelete