Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Prompt #1- Jonathan Vignos

My name is Jonathan Vignos, but everyone calls me Jon. I was born December 19th, 1992 in Canton, Ohio and have lived there my entire life. Being from Canton we had limited exposure to the big city life, museum, sporting events or theaters. The only major thing we have in Canton is the Pro Football Hall of Fame. I grew up as the youngest of three boys and was always trying to keep up with my brothers. Being the youngest, I always wanted to beat my brothers and I became the very competitive person I am. I graduated from St. Thomas with a class of 87 people and had a blast there. My time at St. Thomas consisted of playing one of my favorite sports, soccer, and hanging with my friends. Whether it was pulling a prank or having a food fight, we always had a good time messing around and taking very few things seriously.





My life absolutely revolves around sports. Even though I played soccer in high school, baseball is my favorite sport to watch. I have been a huge Yankees fan since I was 8 years old and plan on moving to New York City (NYC) after I graduate from college. Since the 6th grade, I have been traveling to Florida to watch the NY Yankees in spring training baseball games. I have also been to NYC a couple times to watch the NY Yankees games. It’s truly my favorite thing to do and has brought me really close to my dad. We have a special bond through sports and it has helped me acquire one of my favorite hobbies, which is collecting autographs. Today, I have about 75 autographs on baseballs, pictures and other memorabilia items from famous sports athletes.

Being a Buckeye means everything to me. When people ask why I picked Ohio State, it’s a really easy answer. Besides the great education and academic opportunities, the reason I chose Ohio State is because of the thrilling times on the Saturdays during football season. Walking into the stadium still gives me the chills, even though I have been to games since I was very young. Whether its script Ohio, Carmen Ohio, the Buckeye Bounce, or even the time before the game, it’s a dream come true to me and I’m always the crazy fan screaming. I’m currently working to get a bachelor degree in Business and working towards a degree in Accounting. Where else can a sports nut get a great academic education and have the time of his life, answer, The Ohio State University.

2 comments:

  1. I can tell that you are a big fan of sports and can even feel your excitement by your sharing. It's nice to hear about your chill life in high school since I attended five-year-college instead and have never experienced high school's life. I bet you also fall in love with the football season in OSU and wish a great time studying here!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Jon, I feel the same way about this place. I still get the chills walking around the oval even, but walking into the Shoe or the Schott are incomparable. We are pretty similar in that we both grew up coming here for football on Saturdays, which is pretty cool. I really feel like there is no better combination of academics and athletics than here at Ohio State. I'm glad you are enjoying it here as much as I am.

    ReplyDelete