Monday, January 9, 2012

Prompt # 1: Matthew York

My name is Matthew York and I am a freshman at Ohio State. I am 18 years old and was born on January 26th. I am one of three kids in my family. I have a brother, Riley, who is two years older and goes to the University of Dayton. I also have a sister, Audrey, who is four years younger than me and is currently a freshman in high school. Last year I graduated from
Mariemont High School. My graduating class consisted of about 125 students. While in high school, I played both tennis and soccer all four years. I was also involved in many organizations at my school, including investment club, spirit club, and National Honors Society. This is my town (left), Mariemont, which is where I grew up and still live today. My town has a residence of about 3,500 and its so small that I know just about everyone. Mariemont is located about 15 miles to the east of Cincinnati. Over the summer, I regularly went downtown to baseball games as well as concerts and other events. With my free time, I like to be active and play sports as well as hang out with friends. My favorite food is pizza and my favorite sport to play is soccer. It was during the middle of my senior year in high school when I decided that I would attend OSU. I knew that I wanted to be a business major and was very impressed with the program they have here. I plan to major in both Finance and Economics. As a freshmen, I have lived in Paterson Hall, which I have liked a lot. I have two roommates in Paterson, who I get along with very well. I hope to one day be a financial advisor for a large corporation or work on Wall Street as a trader. I love big city life and would love to end up somewhere like Chicago or New York City. I am looking forward to the rest of this academic year and the three that will follow at Ohio State as a buckeye.

1 comment:

  1. I am from Cincinnati and my favorite sport is soccer too! You said you go to concerts during the summer..do you go to Riverbend?

    ReplyDelete