Monday, January 9, 2012

Prompt #1 - Garrett Cutting

My name is Garrett Cutting, and I am from a small town near Akron, Ohio called Wadsworth. I went to Wadsworth public schools my whole life, and graduated from Wadsworth High School. I chose to go to OSU for a couple reasons. I enjoy sports... a lot. I like watching them; I like playing them, so I knew OSU would definitely be good for that. Also, the academics here are top-notch, and a lot of my friends were coming here. It was a pretty easy choice, actually. As of now, I'm not in a student organization at OSU, but that might change soon.

At home, I live with my mom, dad and brother, Jordan. He will be twenty-one this June, and he goes to the University of Akron. My mom works in the Wadsworth school system whenever she is needed, and my dad works at an insurance company called Westfield. I have a great relationship with my family, and I'm grateful for that.

Some of my hobbies are sports, video games, hanging out with my friends and family, and listening to music. I like playing board games, as well. My resumé playing Apples to Apples and Balderdash isn't too bad, but I might be the worst Clue player ever. My favorite sports teams are the Browns, Indians, and Cavs. Growing up near Akron, and after what LeBron did to the Cavs, I hate the Heat, absolutely hate them. It's a good night whenever they lose. I played golf and baseball in high school. The teams I were on in high school weren't very good, but I had a good time. I really like watching movies and TV shows, too. Some of my favorite movies are The Dark Knight, The Hangover, and Remember the Titans, and every week, I watch How I Met Your Mother, Modern Family, and The Big Bang Theory.

2 comments:

  1. It seems that you chose Ohio State for the same reasons that I chose it, except for knowing a lot of people that were coming here. Being from out of state, I didn't know a bunch of people, but after one quarter, I already know a ton of people which is good. It seems like your parents work hard for you so you able to do the things you want to do. Also, seems like you're the typical college kid (video games, sports, and chilling). I also hate Lebron and the Heat, but for a different reason (Purposely trying to stack a team so he can get a ring instead of earning it), since I'm not from Cleveland but I feel for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We seem to have a lot of stuff in common. Im from cleveland so i know the pain you feel from being a cleveland sports fan. I also played golf in high school. I chose Ohio State for the same reasons you chose. Cant beat the athletics and especially the academic opportunities this school has to offer. Lets hope the cavs can maybe pull it together this year. A successful to me would be a playoff berth. I havent fully embraced cleveland sports cause im still a diehard new england sports fan at heart...plus it doset hurt they actually win. But i do think cleveland deserves a championship.

    ReplyDelete