Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Prompt #1: Molly Hopkins

Hi! I’m Molly Hopkins. I am from Westlake, Ohio, which is a small suburb in Cleveland, Ohio. Cleveland was recently voted one of the most miserable cities to live in by Forbes magazine. We have no decent sports teams, however, Cleveland State’s basketball team has really stepped up their game this year. We have no “real” tourist attractions, our lake is actually brown from all of the pollution at this point, and the weather is what most would consider absolutely unbearable. However, I love going to sporting events in Cleveland, whether we win or lose the games are always fun. Our only real claim to fame is The Rock and Roll Hall of Fame and I love going there! I also really like the unpredictable Cleveland weather. In one day it could be sixty degrees and sunny, and by the end of the day it could be snowing.

I graduated from Magnificat High School in Rocky River, Ohio. It is an all girls Catholic high school and I graduated in a class of about 200. I didn’t love much about my high school while I was there, other than my friends, but now that I am here, there is one thing that I miss other than my friends. My uniform. I hate not being able to roll out of bed and literally go to class in what I wore to bed the night before without getting weird looks. However, sometimes I still do it.


Now I am at Ohio State and I am currently a pre-business student. I hope to eventually double major in accounting and finance. I really love math, which is probably why I plan on majoring in accounting and finance. I applied to no other in state colleges, and most were in major cities, but at the last minute I decided that I did not actually want to go to a school with a very urban environment. I realized that I wanted a school with a campus, quad (or oval in our case), and a football team. Also, Ohio State has a very good business school. I could not be happier that I ended up choosing Ohio State, I absolutely love it here!

In my free time I like to hang out with my friends, watch tv, go to movies, listen to music, read every once in a while, and I love to shop! Currently my favorite shows are How I Met Your Mother, Dexter, Mad Men, Breaking Bad, and Pan Am. My favorite movie ever is Tommy Boy and my favorite books are “Are You There Vodka, Its Me Chelsea?” and "The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-time". Picking my favorite music is a lot more difficult, but I think the most accurate way of describing my music taste would just be to tell you that 2 of my favorite artists are Adele and Bruce Springsteen.




2 comments:

  1. I really liked reading your blog, except I can't believe you like the unpredictable weather. I'm from Cincinnati and we have the same kind of weather, and I really can't stand it haha but that's just me. I also think it's cool that you went to an all girls high school then came here because it's probably really different for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really enjoyed reading your blog especially since your a big fan of sports. I am from Cincinnati so I always root for my Bengals over your Browns. WHO DEY! I also agree with Connor and can't stand the unpredictable weather in Cincinnati, that apparently Cleveland gets as well. It'll be fun getting to know you and everyone else in this class more throughout this quarter.

    ReplyDelete