Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Prompt #4 Sara Campbell

Reading is one of my favorite past times. I enjoy getting lost in the world and the story that I am reading about. Books can be a nice distraction from everyday life so when I am stressed, I usually sit down and read one of my favorites. My favorite author is Sarah Addison Allen. She wrote "The Peach Tree" and a couple of others that are really good. My absolute favorite book of all, however, is "Pride and Prejudice" by Jane Austen.

I love the era that it takes place in and I love the way Jane Austen writes. The first time I read it, it was a bit difficult because we do not talk like that anymore so their words and they way they use them take a while to get used to. The mannerisms that they follow are a lot different then ours are today so the way they behave is also something that I enjoyed reading about. This book is a great story but it also teaches you about what things were like for girls in their time.

I always enjoy the classics. Right now I am reading "Dracula" in my spare time and so far, it is really good. Reading is something that I love to do and when I am older, I hope to have a library in my house filled with books of all different genres. I think reading is important because it is just another way of how people share what they know and express themselves to everyone else.

1 comment:

  1. I used to read a lot of fictional books when I was younger but today I still try to read in my spare time.

    ReplyDelete