Monday, February 20, 2012

Blog prompt #4 Lamaya Davis


 I’m not much of a reader so I really didn’t know what to talk about so the book that came to mind is today’s most trending book and movie the Twilight saga. I don’t think I’m that crazy about it but I am a fan. This book was not really important but it did catch and hold my interest. I like this book because everything about it is different. I’m used to reading, if I do read books of mystery and drama not really the romantic type.
   Twilight however appealed to me because it’s dramatic with a weird romance to it. The book is written with very vivid details of everything but it’s not too many details. This is good for me because I feel too many details can make a good book bad because it draws it out and makes it boring to read. But Twilight had enough details to somewhat create a picture of what was going on in the story. It kind of placed you in the story in the background of everything.
   It’s entertaining because of the different emotions and levels of intensity throughout the book; they range from calm and mellow to rage and more. I love how every book is filled with an array of emotions and action, love, hate, arguments and fighting. Even though it’s a good book there are things that I dislike about it. For example I don’t like the fact that Bella falls in love this person before she even really hold an actual conversion with him and how Edward falls in love with a girl just because she smells good to him.
    I also dislike how Bella is so willing to do stupid things just to picture him in her head or how she unconsciously isolate herself from everyone because all she can think about is him. The essence of their romance is “cute” and “awe factor” but it’s too unrealistic for me I don’t think most girls would just stop in their tracks and go through so much just to be with one person there has to be some type of compromise which is what Bella and Edward’s “relationship” lack besides the compromise of her waiting to be changed into a vampire. Otherwise than that the book was good to me it kept me wondering what was next and how everything was going to turn out in the end.      

3 comments:

  1. The Twilight series is also one of my favorites! I agree with you when you say the books are full of all different kinds of emotions. I also thought the detailed descriptions in the books were very good. This keeps the story interesting and the books are very easy for me to read. Even though I do not read very many books, I read all of the books in this series and loved every one of them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm exactly the same way this is about the only saga I've completed.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't say that I have read any of the Twilight books, but I have female friends that won't stop talking about them. With so much going on at school, I haven't had as much time to sit down and read books, which I used to do frequently in high school. At school, I find myself reading newspapers like The Onion and magazines like Sports Illustrated. I like to stay up to date on sports news so this allows me to do that.

    ReplyDelete