Thursday, February 23, 2012

Pei Chien WU

Except news, most of the public writing I read are about design. I subscribe numerous design websites and the new posts or designs will be mailed directly into my mailbox whenever they update, therefore, I check my mailbox frequently and always look forward to receiving the emails from the website.

One of my favorite design website is core 77, which basically contain everything about design, such as, articles, forums, books, award... and so on. I usually read design articles and my favorite are product and furniture design. The texts on core 77 are always about the ideas and inspirations of the products and how they function. Depends on the topic and the the product, they will lead into different kinds of text both formal and informal. I can spend all day browsing on core 77. There are always something interesting and new await. There are always text with photographs which helps the reader to understand the product more. Sometimes I get bored by reading pages and pages of words. I enjoy reading when it comes with photographs.

The other website I visit a lot recently is http://artofdanny.com/page/3. It is a personal blog of a graphic designer. I knew him from a random website and totally fall in love with his humor of design. He didn't write much about his design, however, he would sometimes share where his inspiration came from and explain a little bit. I like the way he randomly share about himself and his ideas. They are relaxing and easy to read.

If someone also enjoy reading design articles. highly recommend starting from personal blogs. It is always interesting to know other people's point of view to an object and you will find yourself falling in love with it pretty soon!




2 comments:

  1. I am not a fan in reading about fashion. Though i'm not a fan, it is really awesome that you are able to read a personal blog of someone in fashion. I wish I could find some on athletes because that's something I would really enjoy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am also not a fan of fashion, however it is interesting to hear the perspective of someone who is. I just don't really understand how fashion works, or how the design business is run. But I would be interested in learning more about it.

    ReplyDelete