Monday, February 6, 2012

Matthew York Blog #3

I recently went and saw the movie The Grey in theaters. This movie was just recently released into US theaters and included actors Liam Neeson and Dermot Mulroney. This action-adventure tells the story of a group of oil drillers from Alaska who are on their way back to the continental US when their plane crashes during a snow storm. Not only are the men stranded in the wild, butthey are also being hunted by a pack of wolves, who believe they are intruding in their den. Neeson and the other men must make their way back to civilization and hold off the indigenous population at the same time. Overall, I thought this movie was outstanding. I normally don't like going to see movies in theater because of how overpriced they are. The Grey was an exception for me. As soon as I saw the first trailer, I knew I wanted to see it. The Grey combines a heartwarming story with a treacherous journey that these men must take in order to survive another day. While the language gets pretty vulgar at times and violence is a commonplace, its a great movie for a mature audience. Liam Neeson is one of my favorite actors, which made this movie even more enticing for me. Ever since I saw Taken, I have wanted to see him in more intense roles. He definitely came through in this film, as he was the leader of this group of men and helped them along their journey. I enjoyed this movie very much and the large majority of the critics could agree with me. I can honestly say that I was on the edge of my seat the entire showing, which made this thriller all the more enjoyable. This movie comes highly recommended by me and gets two thumbs up. Anyone looking for a great action movie with exceptional acting won't be disappointed with The Grey. It is a roller coaster of emotion that will leave your heart pounding out of your chest by the end. Whether you see it in theaters or you wait for the DVD release, this is definitely one that you want to watch. If you do happen to see it in theaters, don't leave until after the credits role. It's not something that you want to miss!

2 comments:

  1. I have not heard of this movie, but it really seems interesting after reading your review. Liam Neeson is one of my favorite actors too. I will definitely want to see this movie at some point because I like movies that are exciting and have great acting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't seen the movie but the trailers do look very interesting and I loved his movie "Taken".

    ReplyDelete