Monday, February 20, 2012

Prompt #4 - Garrett Cutting

There are many kinds of public writing, but the one that I probably use the most is the internet. There are a couple different websites that I use pretty frequently, but there is one that is probably the most important for me. That website is espn.com. Some might question how a sports related website can be important to someone, but that is just it; I love sports. Also, within this concept, there are more reasons this website is important to me.

The websites coverage of all the different kinds of sports is unreal. They have information, scores, and updates on sports from tennis to mixed martial arts. I am a fan of all sports so getting the latest scores and updates are very nice and easy to get from this site. Also, I can keep track of my favorite teams and players on a day to day basis like the Cleveland Cavaliers and the Tampa Bay Rays. How easy it is to access the information I want in a timely fashion is very convienent, and that is a part of why I use the website so often.

Another reason why ESPN is significant to me is because one of my favorite writers, Rick Reilly, does some work for them on their broadcasts and website. Rick's writing is intriguing for me because he takes a different spin on a sports event or play and analyzes it to the point where you can't stop reading. He usually puts out a new article every week, and I make sure to read it. In addition, I like to catch clips from my favorite ESPN TV show, "Pardon the Interruption", on the website. I love that they have shows on their website. It is very convenient. Overall, ESPN's website is one of the most useful and important site to me.












2 comments:

  1. We are very similar people with our interests. I also love to go to espn.com and see what is going on everyday in one of the biggest markets out there, sports. I visit about at least once a day if not more. As well, Rick Reilly is my favorite writer by far. I try to make my writing like his. Once you start reading it, there's no way you can stop. It just keeps you wanting to keep reading. I love reading his articles.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also read articles on espn.com a lot. I agree with you that they cover so many different sports. Since they are a worldwide company they cover sports popular and...well not so popular. I also like articles written Rick Reilly. However i think he can a little annoying after a while but he still entertaining for sure. I alos enjoy his segments on sportscenter and other shows.

    ReplyDelete