Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Prompt #4: Lauren Schneider

Since I don’t have a whole lot of time to read books, I’d have to say my favorite type of public writing to read is a magazine. I like reading magazines because they are not part of a series and they do not take a long time to read. Also, magazines can include many different people’s opinions on topics, which I find to be interesting. Reading a magazine is very relaxing to me. I like to read magazines that are easy to relate to and that I enjoy reading for fun.

My favorite magazine is probably Seventeen. I have been reading this magazine for a couple of years now and I still subscribe to it. I feel like this magazine is very easy to relate to and is very interesting to read. Seventeen is a teenage girl magazine that talks about many different types of topics. Articles might include talking about fashion, make-up, relationships, athletes, or how someone made a difference in the world. This magazine is also a gossip magazine and often interviews a celebrity about their life. In the most recent issue, Seventeen talked about the upcoming spring and what trends are going to be popular.

Another one of my favorite magazines to read is Us. While this is a very “gossipy” magazine, I still find it very interesting to read about the different celebrities and what they are doing. This magazine interviews people such as The Jersey Shore and Teen Mom casts, but they have also interviewed people such as Prince Charles.

It is easy to see that I enjoy reading magazines that are girly, talk about style, and are “gossipy”. I do not enjoy reading sports or scholarly articles as much as I enjoy reading the two magazines that I mentioned. Magazines are very up-to-date and not written in the past like some books. A new magazine comes out almost every month, which makes it exciting and something to look forward to reading!

2 comments:

  1. I know what you mean about reading books I don't read that much either but your choice in magazines may cause me to look at a few here and there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am very similar when it comes to reading. I don't have a lot of time to read entire books so it's much easier to pick up a magazine and read articles. I usually read something like Sports Illustrated or ESPN magazine. I'm looking forward to reading those when I am home for the summer since that where my subscriptions are sent.

    ReplyDelete