Monday, March 5, 2012

prompt #5 Lamaya


            My reflection of this class is that it was pretty laid back and very understandable. All the assignments that were given were a challenge but not that bad. This class helped improve my writing by expanding my knowledge of the different types of writings and the different ways to write a paper to appeal to a certain audience. Also with blogging, until this class I never read or wrote a blog, so that aspect of the class was new and interesting to me. The topic of the class coinciding with the assignments also opened my eyes to a lot of things that I didn’t pay attention to or just completely never noticed, like the presentation of gender roles in different types of movies and so forth.
I think that Tory himself also helped keep the class in such a laid back aura as well. I say this because he was straight forward with us and said what was on his mind. The way he interacted with the class and joked around with us while still carrying a serious manner is also a contribution to the class being easy going and not so tense. He kept the class fun and interesting at the same time. His video and other examples also made things easier to understand because we were able to see what type of thing we were looking for before just going and searching for random things and hoping we get lucky.
He was also helpful by making sure he returned, for me, all emails and being available and patient during office hours maybe even outside of office hours too. Over all I had a lot of fun in the class and it was a good experience for me because at first I was in a different English 110 class and I would go to class with a question mark and I would leave the class with a question mark, I don’t know why but the class was just hard for me to follow and it also interfered with other classes. So in the end I’m glad I switched into Tory’s class because things became much easier to balance and understand.      

2 comments:

  1. I agree with you about the blogs and learning about the different ways to write a paper. I also agree with your opinion about Tory. He was a very good and interesting teacher! He made what could have been a super boring and hard class into something enjoyable and understandable.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had very similar expectations when it came to this class. I wasn't a huge fan of writing papers in high school and as a business major, I wasn't expecting to write very much outside of a class like this. I was surprised at how much I got into my papers for this class and how much I improved as a writer. I hope that you were able to develop as a writer like I did and I wish you luck in the future at Ohio State.

    ReplyDelete