Monday, March 5, 2012

Pei Chien Wu

Looking back on the whole quarter; I am surprised that it is almost the end of it. I have to say that I enjoy taking this class and I am so glad to have Tory with us. I was kind of worried about my writing skill and was so afraid that I couldn’t make it. Still remembered at the time I stepped into the classroom, I was thinking “What!!? Am I the only international student in this classroom!!!?” then I started to worry more… However, I definitely like the way Tory gave lecture and I totally agree that what he taught us was helpful and effective. The theme “Gender and Sexuality in Animated Film” was interesting. It discusses gender expectation, stereotype and gender equality in our culture and society. Without this class, I would never notice this kind of issue in any animated film, not to mention analyzing it.

Through this class, I learned how to analyze, how to find potential claim or argument and how to make them work. Moreover, giving evidence to support your argument is also critical. It will help to make your essay more persuasive and convincing. Everything was hard at the first; however, with Tory’s demonstration at class and help from tutorial, I got the directions towards my essay.

Now I am clearer about how to write an essay and how to find the resource o want. Moreover, I start analyzing things and start thinking deeper when I see things. What I learned from this class made me more aware of the things which surround me. It is interesting to find out that writing really helps thinking. Writing things down helps to organize my thoughts and opinions, and I like to see this change on myself.

1 comment:

  1. I completely agree that this course was very interesting. It's something that you never think about while watching the movie. I remember the first time we analyzed a video and I saw so many things that I have never noticed before.

    ReplyDelete