Monday, March 5, 2012

Prompt #5 Jackson Hart



This course has been very helpful to me in advancing my writing skills. I learned to move away from the standard "5 paragraph format" and I also learned a lot about improving my thesis sentence. Throughout high school I would have considered myself a fairly decent writer, this class has definitely helped me to think things through even more, especially when coming to the very important thesis.


Also, when I first scheduled this class I was dreading it because of the almost two hour time, especially having been used to only having classes that lasted 48 minutes in the previous quarter. It could have very easily been a boring class that I did not want to go to, but Tory did a great job in making it interesting and actually making the two hours go by fairly quickly.

The whole process of using my primary source and adding on to it with more details and sources to create the secondary source was something that I see as very useful for college writing. It was also a pretty interesting and unique topic that we got to write about. I had a few friends in the same course who were assigned topics on their research papers that seemed very boring and hard to write about. Also, I enjoyed this blog because it wasn't stressful and it was a cool way of writing my opinion about things and learning about other people's opinions. This class has definitely been helpful to me in advancing my writing ability.

1 comment:

  1. We were definately lucky with Tory as a teacher and such an interesting topic! My roommate's topic was something about chronic pain and its effect on people.

    ReplyDelete